Thursday, September 4, 2008

Our Weekend, Last Weekend

On Thursday, we met the other MOPS kids at the park for a play date. Here is Alton on the jungle gym, looking very serious.


On Friday morning, our across the street neighbors had a delivery from a cement mixer. At 7 Am. While I was dressing and diapering Alton, he watched the cement mixer and when it left, he looked at me and said quite clearly, "More!" then did the sign. So I told him we would go watch the trucks after breakfast and we did.

Here he is watching the constructions trucks in wonder out our front window.



Daddy had his Fantasy Football draft live in Las Vegas. This was the view outside our hotel room of the Hampton Inn and Suites.



While Daddy did his draft, Alton and I took the hotel shuttle to the MGM Grand. We got there just in time for feeding time at the Lion Habitat.

Alton kept calling the lions doggies. I explained that they were called LIONS. So then he started saying "Lion Lion" whenever one came near the glass.


This was one of my favorite pictures. The trainers would throw chunks of raw ground meat on the glass and the lions would lick it off.
Did you know that lion saliva on reinforced glass makes it REALLY hard to take a clear picture?


Alton also got to visit with his Grandma Patty while we were there. When we were at her house, he was running amuck with a coffee cup, and Grandma Patty asked him, "Can I have that please?" He looked at her for a second like she was crazy and then shook his head back and forth, and then took off giggling. He had never done that before and has not since. We thought it was pretty funny.


After we finished watching the lions, Alton and I walked down the strip.


Sunday morning, the boys and I had breakfast at our hotel, and took a swim in the pool.
Alton is very studious already and used the travel time to keep up on his reading. :)
We had a really good time. Alton even did well constrained in his car seat for long periods of time.

3 comments:

Katie Scott said...

cute pictures!! looks like you guys had fun! Alton is so serious!!

Rose said...

I say if often and I'll say it again. He is one stinkin'-cute little guy!!

Random Girl said...

Now that I have your blog, you know I'm gonna add it to my read list, right? LOL! DH is over in the desert. This first storm missed us so much I never even knew it came by last night! I love the pics of Alton! He's so cute! My fave. is the serious playground pic :)