Sunday, September 21, 2008

"My Grace is sufficient


So Travis was gone this whole weekend at our church's men's retreat. Which meant there was a lot of mommy/Alton time without any breaks. Alton has a cold, so he has been a little bear and he was VERY clingy and whiny. It was not a good time. So on Saturday night, I went to church. There were VERY few people there and I ended up sitting next to a wonderful woman of God. Marie has FIVE sons. The oldest three are married and doing all kinds of wonderful things for the Kingdom of God. She has to be an awesome mother right?
So I asked her, how do you do it? I can't cope with the ONE I have. She laughed and told me that it was through the grace of God. She said that God shared this verse with her and it made all the difference for her with one of her more difficult children.

But he said to me,
"My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness."
2nd Corinthians 12:9a

God uses our weaknesses (and I have legion!) to draw us closer to Him. I need to remember that instead of despairing when times are tough and I am at the end of my rope!


1 comment:

Katie Scott said...

I am so glad that God had you sit next to this woman at church! Keep that verse posted all over your house so you will remember it!!