Sunday, December 30, 2007

Making My Home a Haven

Travis and I spent the better part of the afternoon and evening returning our house to normal. Bye Bye Christmas! We normally leave the tree up until New Years day at least, but we have been running the heater more for Alton and the tree dried right up. Plus, I wanted Travis's help putting everything away, because there is no way I could have done it all myself while caring for Alton.
We even cleaned up the office! It is normally a pile of crud. We throw everything we don't have an immediate home for in there and boy does it show! We got rid of a bunch of my old Mary Kay stuff and a bunch of expired PartyLite catalogs. The layers of dust we soooooooooo thick in there. Jack and Lucy were not at all amused by the extreme use of the vacuum. The office still isn't done, but we can now see carpet that has not seen the light of day in a couple of years.

Alton is feeling much better. His teeth are still coming in, but his sore throat cleared up and he is sleeping much better. He woke up at one am wanting to party. But his poor parents were not, so we just brought him into bed with us and hoped he would get the message. He finally slept at about 2 and we all slept in until 9:30.

I am excited that I am really building a nice routine for keeping the house nice. When I was having people over last weekend, I was beside myself because I did not have anything to do to the house before they came over. I feel like things are much more under control and making dinner is no longer as stressful since the kitchen is always clean. DO IT! Take back your home. You and your marriage will be much much happier!

No comments: