Friday, June 15, 2007

Yes, still no baby

I went to my dr. appointment yesterday and I cried. Not only did the castor oil not give me so much as a toot, my cervix was less effaced than last time and still not one centimeter dilated. I cried. Even with Travis there with me, I asked Dr. Lynch to induce me and she said I was "not favorable" for induction. She said she could induce me today, but I would have a 75% chance of ending up with a c-section. This is because the baby is still floating and has not gotten his little head down into the pelvis.

The good news is that I have started to lose pieces of my mucous plug, so who knows? Maybe I won't make it to my next NST and biophysical profile on Monday. On Monday, if I am looking more favorable towards induction, she will induce me after all of my tests are done.

So we had to make arrangements for Jack and Lucy. If Alton had come on time like he was supposed to, Uncle Alex was going to stay here with them and walk them and stuff for free. But Al starts his new job on Monday in Santa Monica, so he is unavailable for dog watching. Now on our way to the hospital on Monday, we are dropping them off at a boarding kennel by the other hospital. I know they will be safe there and they give the puppies a bath the day you are going to pick them up that includes an ear cleaning and toe-nail trimming. WHOOT! Having someone else trim their nails is worth every penny, trust me.

I found out that the low lying pain i have frequently isn't a weird contraction. It is Alton's little head trying to descend into the pelvis. Now that I know what it is, it makes it a lot easier to endure.

So it is starting to feel real now, I could have a baby on Monday or Tuesday!

1 comment:

Mama Monkey said...

Hi Jen, Okay so I've been lurking. So have you had Alton yet? Looking forward to hearing how the birth of your son went. Praying all goes well.
Robin