Saturday, June 9, 2007

Alton Update

Tomorrow is my due date. I have been having contractions this morning, but nothing consistent enough to time. :(
At my doctor appointment on Thursday, I am a finger tip dilated, 90% effaced, and Alton is 1/2 way between -2 & -1 station. Whoot! Although, I think he is further down now because there was a visible change in the slope of my belly yesterday. Also, my contractions are starting to hurt more. While not fun, it is a sign that things are happening!!!
Travis got REALLY nervous yesterday. I think the doctor's appointment made him realize, "Holy criminey! We are having a baby!" He was running around the house yesterday morning like a chicken with it's proverbial head cut off. It was cute. I really hoped for his sake, that I would just go into labor so that he didn't have to stress about it anymore.

**************************************************************

Week Forty
Much of the vernix has vanished but you will notice traces on her body.
15% of your child's body is fat. Since he hasn't learned to shiver yet, these fat stores will help regulate his temperature.
Approximately 60 - 75 percent is water!
Your baby's chest sticks out, almost as if he's ready to strut proudly over his accomplishment!
His lungs will continue developing until birth. They are manufacturing large quantities of surfactant which works to keep the air sacs open.
He continues to grow; his hair and nails longer as well. You may need to trim those fingernails soon after birth or protect his face from scratches with mittens.
Small breast buds are present on both sexes.
The baby now weighs 7.6 pounds (3462gm) and is 20.2 inches (51.2cm) long.
Congratulations! Any day now you will be cradling your son! Cherish the moments and learn all you can about this new personality in your life. They go by all too fast!

No comments: