Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Pictures!

Saturday, Travis and I went to a very nice married couples breakfast at our church. They had yummy breakfast burritos, fruit, and chocolate. One of the couples from our home group, Dave and Roxanne were part of the married people's panel. It was fun and informative and I think our decision to go will bless our marriage.

After we got home from that and a quick trip to Costco, my dad came over with the crib that he and Kristina bought us for my birthday.

Travis and Dad were able to set it up without too many problems despite the fact that Jack and Lucy both were anxious to "help" and had to sniff every part before it was used in the assembly process.

Travis was not as excited about the crib as I was. When I asked him why, he said, "It represents something very expensive." I reminded him that while it was an expensive crib, it had been a gift from my family. "Not the crib is expensive, what will live in the crib is expensive." I think that the responsibility of providing for a family is a big one, and it must be weighing heavily on his mind. I have to remember to be nicer to him.
The crib is not the first piece of furniture we have bought, a few weeks ago, we were able to find really cute boy furniture at Costco.
This is the bookshelf we bought him:


John and Maggie were kind enough to buy it for us at their local Costco. Johnny and Kristina drive down with me to go an pick it up.



Here is the dresser:

Neither Lucy or Jack seem excited about the changes going on in their sitting room. The queen sized bed he sleeps on at night is still in there for now, but it will be moved into the garage as soon as I can get a rocking glider.
Lucy has been acting out too. I think she senses my pregnancy and she has been upending our trash cans when we are gone and eating the kleenexes that are in them. She even shredded an unattended box of new Kleenex.
Oh by the way, the thing to the right of the dresser is the hamper that matches the sports bedding we got for Alton's crib.

No comments: