Saturday, November 3, 2007

Progress!

I actually started Alton's scrap book tonight. Maritza, Amber, Roxann, and Rebecca from home group came over and we scraped, scraped, scraped. I planned two sets of facing pages and actually committed to paper with adhesive one set of facing pages.

I am a hoarder. I buy pretty scrap booking paper and don't use it because if I use it, it will be gone. I know, I have an illness. But tonight I actually used some paper that I have been hoarding for years.

Anyway, I am quite pleased that I was able to get some pages done. Our current plan is to try to do it once a month and hopefully, Alton's birth will be documented before his first birthday.

Oh, my computer died. So Travis brings his laptop home every night and I only have Internet access when he is home. I am getting a lot more done around the house funnily enough.

And last but not least in the update, a confession. I have started working out and I leave my baby in gym child care. I know that takes away from my "hippie" mom status (with all of the breast feeding, cloth diapering, and organic food buying that I do.) But I need to work out, because I saw myself in the mirror and the news was not good. I have been doing yoga and pilates. Downward Dog is awful and don't even get me started on The Hundred. Someday it will stop hurting right?

1 comment:

Andrea Rooks said...

Kudos and more kudos to you -- for scrapbooking and working out! I briefly had the goal of getting Natalie's scrapbook at least started before her first birthday, but it's looking like that just won't happen. (I have been keeping up a photo album, though...) I hoard paper, too, and have been doing my best to use old papers before buying more. It helps that so many of the pretty scrapbooking papers come in big tablets, so there are three or four of each pattern -- two for hoarding and one or two for using :)

As for the breastfeeding, I hadn't gotten as many people asking about when I'd start her on solids as I thought I'd get. I was pretty proactive from the beginning and told people (especially family) that I was going to exclusively breastfeed her for at least six months. We went 9 months just fine, and she's not even that interested in food at this point, which is fine...

Consider yourself tagged for the 'eight random things about my kitchen' game :)