Sunday, May 20, 2007

Alton Update & Other Stuff

Week Thirty-Seven
This week, the average size is about 6.3 pounds (2859gm) now and 19.1 inches (48.6cm) length.
She is official full term now but can still benefit from extra days in the womb.
Your baby continues to practice breathing movements. Isn't it amazing how she can breathe "under water?"
Grasp is firm now. It won't be long until you'll feel that strong little fist confidently grasping your finger (or tightly clenching your hair)!
A few weeks ago, your baby would move her eyes toward light. Now she turns towards light outside the uterus.
" As the uterine wall stretches and thins allowing more light to permeate, he develops definite daily activity cycles. You will want to be sure to establish good patterns yourself at this time, thus encouraging them in your child. Ever heard of a baby getting his days/nights mixed up? Now's the time to try to avoid that!

Now if they would just tell me how to do that I would be all set!

Travis is sick this morning. He woke up yesterday with a funny thoat, and he woke up this morning about two AM crashing and banging around the bathroom looking for cold medicine and Afrin to clear his nose. I feel so badly for him, he rarely gets sick, but when he does it lays him out!

Yesterday Lynn fron our home group and I went to Burke Williams and got fabulous pregnancy massages. She is due 10 weeks after I am and is having a little girl. Lynn suggested that we should just plan their arranged marriage now. We then tried to go get pedicures, but my nail place closed at 6 and we got there at 7:15. :( We did call our husbands and had them meet us at Lucille's for dinner. YUM! I broke down and had the fried chicken. It was sooooo good! Jason and Lynn are a fun couple and we had a good time at what might have been our last un-childed hurrah.

I need to clean the office today and pack my suitcase for the hospital. There is a full moon on June 1st and next weekend we are going to try to do things to induce labor. I will be 38 weeks next Sunday, so I think that will have been adequate time to Alton to incubate. I will keep you all posted.

1 comment:

Andrea Rooks said...

Aaaaah... massages are the best! I wish you all the best as you prepare for labor!

I tried to e-mail you the interview questions, but I don't have the right e-mail address... Could you send it to me?