Sunday, October 26, 2008

Alton the Artist!

This year we skipped the hulabaloo of the large city pumpkin patch and simply bought two pumpkins at Trader Joes.

Yesterday, I took Alton over to Rose's house so that Alton could paint pumpkins with her son Harrison.

Rose had a great selection of acrylic paint colors and brushes ready for us, and suggested that due to Alton's tender age (he is 16 months) that maybe he should use Tempra paint, because it washes out easily. But you have to seal it to make it shiney and I am LAZY.
I poo poohed the idea and, "We'll be watching him the whole time, he'll be fine with the acrylic!"


We start out with a clean pumpkin, a clean face, and a bowl of red acrylic paint.

Oops, gotta little red paint on the boy. 'Sokay, I am sure a little red paint won't stain his white blonde eye brows.



A few minutes later, we watched him the whole time as he very carefully got HUGE blobs of turquoise acrylic paint in his WHITE BLONDE HAIR!!!

Rose decided we needed a picture to commemorate the event. Too bad Alton did not get the memo and wanted to get down and play with Harrison's train table.




Thankfully, after a good soaking and multiple combings in the shower with daddy, we got all the red and blue paint off of him. The moral here is, listen to mothers with more parenting wisdom than you have! Rose was great and never once said "I told you so!" as we cleaned paint off of every available surface! I think she is still finding paint.

Rose takes much better pictures than I do.... check out her version of what happened at her Harrison, blog The Pierce Toddler Project

4 comments:

Charmaine said...

Love the turquoise paint! Glad it all came out, but what fun!

Katie Scott said...

Pumpkin painting looks fun! And good job for learning a lesson through all this!!

Rose said...

We had a great time, I'm glad to hear the paint came out. Harrison relaxingly back-floated for me as I used his baby comb to get the paint out.

I posted my Monday best shot of... Alton!

heathers243 said...

Looks like he had a blast!