Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Contractions are not a little party in your uterus

So Travis and I went out to dinner last night. I fell victim to the ads from Olive Garden and their new Chicken Crostini. Oh my goodness, it was so good!
So when we were seated at the table, I started having contractions. They were about 15 seconds long and 5 minutes apart. This went on for about an hour and a half. I KNEW that even if I was really in labor, that we had time to kill. So we had our overly garlic-ed meal and even stopped at Rite-Aid for more Rolaids before I went home and hopped into the bathtub.
Sure enough, as soon as I got home and into the tub, the contractions stopped.
Maggie (you can visit her blog, it is posted on my side bar) was very sweet. She is going to be my assistant coach, so I called her to tell her about my false labor. When she heard that I was having contractions, she said, "well I am going to go to bed extra early in case I need to drive up to LA early in the morning. She lives in San Diego, and is expecting a baby too.
I have been taking it easy today. I am tired, and my uterus has been contracting on and off. Nothing as regular as last night though. It generally aches, and Alton has discovered my pubic bone makes a great percussion instrument. I am still very thankful though. I am generally comfortable uterus aches aside, and I haven't started swelling, or developing cankles.
Who is reading this? Leave a comment for the crazy pregnant lady who thinks her carefully documented thoughts are being sent into the cosmic void of the net without landing in front of anyones eyes.

5 comments:

Laurel said...

hang in there kiddo you have been a trooper; when he drops a little you will be more comfortable
those must have been Braxton Hicks

Stacie said...

Oh gosh ALTON! What are you doing??

Hang in there Jen, Seems you are having as close to an ideal pregnancy as possible. You are doing great, lets just remind the little slugger not to rush things, He will be here soon enough

Unknown said...

Tell my nephew to hang in there Auntie Kristina is going on a mini vacation to Las Vegas for a few days so tell him i said to stay put until i get back.

Katie Scott said...

You are not a crazy pregnant lady! I love reading all your updates! Hang in there!

Kayt said...

Jen- you tell Alton to stay put! Take it easy girl!