Friday, March 9, 2007

Time for an update

It has been over three weeks since my last post. That simply won't do.
Travis and I went shopping on Sunday. We went to Target and bought wipe refills because they were on sale and a few other things for the house. Travis wandered over to the Hot Wheels aisle and lurked lustfully. He can't wait for Alton to be old enough to play with them so that he has a better excuse to buy them. We went over to the sporting goods aisle and Travis could not resist temptation. He bought Alton a tee-ball glove and baseball. It is sitting in his crib like a cute teddy bear or something, just waiting for him to be born. Travis has told my stomach all about it. I think he is really getting excited about having a little boy.
I had to go to the OB on Tuesday. I had only felt Alton kick once or twice the whole weekend, so when I went in, she placed the doppler on my tummy and found his heart beat right away. It was beating at about 160-165, so the syrup I had on my waffles for breakfast that morning really worked.
The invite list for the baby shower got totally out of control. We sent out 48 invites and so far we have had only two nos.
Yesterday I went to the LA Zoo with Kristina, Johnny, John John and Elayna. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of uphill walking. It is only $45 to join for the year, so I think that after Alton is old enough to sit up, I will join and take him for walks there.
We have our birth plan appointment with Dr. Lynch on Monday. I am going to ask her to recommend some pediatricians for Alton while we are there too.

No comments: